Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Once Upon A Princess & Home Decor on it's way!

For Mother's Day this year, instead of sending Adam and Zoe on a hunt for things they think I would like, we decided I could just take that money, and buy myself my mother's day gifts. :-)

Guess what I am getting? Once Upon A Princess, that's right! I got some feedback from Lauren, over at Lauren's Creative because I know she has the two that I want so badly (create a critter and once upon a princess) and asked her which she would get if she could only have one. She made a good point, that I do already have Zooballoo, so I have animals, and with a two year old little girl, who couldn't use a princess cartridge?! And, honestly- I am just DYING to make that castle!



I also have been collecting my Cricut Rewards points since I started my Cricut Journey, and had 600 or so in my account, before the newest addition arrives, so I decided to cash 400 of them in (and pay shipping of $8 + $3 handling) to order another solutions cartridge directly from Provo Craft. I chose Home Decor, because I love the bugs on it, and like that it has some words and good overall designs for anything.



I've also been having some issues with my Cricut Expressions sort of ripping paper instead of cutting it occasionally. It usually happens with thinner paper, so I didn't think it was the blade, and even with the pressure up and speed down it still did it. I was at Walmart today, and like normal I always have to browse through their scrapbooking section and saw they had Cricut Replacement Blades for $8- so I got some, and just installed a new one, and will let you know how it goes. Also, they have a Black Machine now, and I think from the looks of it, like it's only sold at Walmart. I also saw that they have 12X12 mats for $12, and just now looking, they are only $9 on their site! A killer deal, if I do say so, I saw them on ebay for about $14 and then add shipping, so it does work out to be cheaper. I'm not usually a fan of Walmart, with all the bad publicity about their treatment of workers, and how they make huge profits and whatnot, but honestly- it's a good price, and I'm a true, to the bone frugalista, so- yeah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you got the princess cart. There are soo many cute images on it. Plus a lot of cute tags and a font. I just cashed in some of my Cricut rewards too. I got the Paper Doll Dress Up Cartridge.

Can't wait to see what you do with the Princess cart.