Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fireflies in a Jar Card Tutorial Video using the Stretch Your Imagination Cartridge and I need your vote!

**Before I start---I also need your help to win over at the Papercraft Stars New Challenge Blog- I've got my application in to be a potential designer, and also entered a bunch of projects into their system for voting. The winner will get some goodies, but I think it's more for testing. Vote for any of my projects, show some love, I only have until tomorrow! :-) thank you!**
ONTO THE SHOW!

That's right ladies and gents (ha, like there are ANY men watching?! I'm laughing because I even bothered to type that!) -- it's another video. I'm still not 100% on the video thing, and since I forgot to charge it, and being as naive as I am, I wanted to try to shoot it on the low battery because I *thought* it would be quick!

It is a short video, at only about 6 minutes for both little clippies, but I guess thats just too much work for my little old camera.

Being that I was born and raised in Washington State, we don't have fireflies. Even in most of my travels, I'd never been anywhere to see them. I hadn't ever seen them in real life, heard about them much (other than my mom's stories about growing up in the midwest) or really cared about them until I was a teenager and had the chance to go to Lincoln, NE. For those of you who don't know- that is where the Huskers (the football team) are at, and basically I was shocked at the amount of open, flat space, cornfields and the deliciousness of the steaks. I also was amazed one evening during a bar-b-que that fireflies are REAL. The little kids, probably 6-8 year olds (true nebraskins (sp?!) that they were, caught them and were smearing them on their skin to make their skin glow. Gross, I know but pretty cool when the only way I knew how to do that would be with a highlighter and a blacklight. We can say, that from then on I've always thought they were some of the coolest bugs, and hope I get to travel around and see more of them. Adam is pretty familiar with them, apparently the also reside in Swartz Creek, MI where he grew up. My story is so silly to him, and the fact that I am mesmerized by even the thought of something living and glowing floating around.







I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the video, but everything was made at a 6" cut. I will also post the recipe at the bottom, under the stills of the card. I really enjoyed making the video, and I feel like I need to be a little more upbeat, or happy because I'm just thinking so hard to try and not mess up since I can't edit yet!

I mentioned the fireflies as flies, bugs and buggies (thats what Zoe calls anything smaller than a thumbnail, alive or not). So, there is no confusion- they are all the same thing!



Recipe:


Gray, Blue, Black & Yellow Cardstock


Metallic Pen (if you want a shiny lid)


1 brad of your choice


Cricut Machine


Stretch Your Imagination Cartridge


Computer & Printer (or you can just handwrite!)


I got the font I printed from Fonts for Peas- and they are totally free, you download them, unzip the file, install the new font and you go! I love being able to type up notes that look like they are handwritten, especially setiments that I don't have a stamp for!

I also need your help to win over at the Papercraft Stars New Challenge Blog- I've got my application in to be a potential designer, and also entered a bunch of projects into their system for voting.

http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/05/help-us-test-our-voting-system-for.html

vote for any of my projects, show some love, I only have until tomorrow! :-) thank you!

No comments: