Wednesday, June 30, 2010

:: Single Stamp:: 5 Projects :: Project #3 :: Stamps as Embellishments ::

Hey Everyone!

I hope you are enjoying this week! It's much more 'themed' than I have ever done before- but I think that is fun for some people, right? It also makes me realize how versatile a lot of the things I own are, and I'd never given them a chance.

My GIANT card order shipped this afternoon and should make it to the final destination in 5-7 days (allllll the way across the country, and down!) and I'll get to see what the buyer thinks of the designs I used!

For today, I decided to make a 12X12 Scrapbook Layout. I don't do a lot of layouts, and have some photos of Zoe gardening that I need to get into the more recent scrapbook.

The background, green paper is from My Minds Eye.


Of course, I used the stamp of this week-- and made embellishments with them! I stamped them with Staz On Ink in Jet Black-- colored them in with varying colors of watercolor pencils, blended to perfection and cut them out. I used pop dots to adhere them to the layout.


I used embroidery floss as my stem, and also made some leaves out of the floss by tying a simple bow.
I used Once Upon A Princess for the Title, since I dislike having to stick letters together for words, I can never get them lined up even, and therefore not looking so cute!

For the photo mats, I used DCWV Animal Crackers Mat Stack, and left them whole. Cutting the Argyle (shift) Layer from the Wild Card Cartridge in white cardstock at 6.5". I set it on top of the mats, trimming about 1/8th of an inch, to make them fit perfect. I was hoping they'd look like garden trellises, and I think they do!


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Blossom inch said...

Hi!
Nice blog you have, hop to mine whenever you free. Cheers, yuzz