Saturday, June 26, 2010

Walk N Rock @ Safeco Field in Seattle

Today, the Walk n Rock for the TEARS foundation took place. I've been looking forward to this since I heard about it, and can say I wasn't prepared for my emotions today! All was good in the world with me this morning (except for the fact that my baby is gone... and Krispy Kreme made a HORRIBLE mocha, but nbd there).
Below is Adam and Zoe, holding hands and walking in front of me... and I couldn't help but get a couple photos of daddy and Zoe.

As soon as Knox's little photo came up on the big screen at Safeco Field, I instantly burst into tears. The field was lined with butterflies; they had one name per butterfly and had the name on one baby who had died.
A good friend of mine, Danielle lost her daughter Kailey Pearl, at 34 weeks. They were not helped by the TEARS foundation, because they didn't know about it, but they had Team Kailey Pearl today, and walked along with us, Team Knox.

This is Noah, he is a friend of mine's son, adorable little guy. His mom and I were both pregnant together, and Noah is about two months or so younger than Knox. He came with his momma to walk with us for his friend in heaven.
At the Walk N Rock, the total raised for the TEARS foundation, to help other families who will lose children soon.... $52,000.00! Amazing! If each family recieves 500, like we did that is over 100 families. I am amazed everytime I see Sarah Slack, the founder as well as a parent who lost a child- the compassion that is just her never fails to amaze me. She is an amazing and compassionate woman who truely is blessed with the ability to help other people every day.


Thank you Sarah for putting on an amazing function, and I'm so glad we got to be a part of it!

No comments: