Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Papercraft Star Challenge #10- Always Drink Upstream From the Herd Card

I know you've all been waiting for this one, I've been anxious to show you!


My Papercraft Star Challenge 10 inspiration entry went live today

Over at Papercraft Star, the challenge is a clean and simple sketch for a card (see lower). The prize for this challenge is a blog button, letting everyonek now you were voted the people's choice winner and sometimes even an extra special surprise gift (last week was a $10 Paper Trey Ink Gift Card!). Laugh away! I thought it was the perfect opportunity to use my Rusty Pickle Stickers, and this horse print paper I had laying around. :-)

Head over to Papercraft Star and see what all the designers have come up with.


The name of the challenge this week is 'Clean and Simple Card'.
Here is the Sketch: I hope you can come over and play along! Entries can be linked until Friday @ Midnight EST.

And voting starts bright and early Saturday Morning, and goes through Monday. Winners will be announced Tuesday.

Enjoy,
Dawn
Supplies List:
Kraft Cardstock, cut to 11X4.25, and scored at 5.5
Medium Brown Paper, cut to 5X3.75.
Horse Bottom is from 'Horse Words' by Flair Design Inc roughly 1X2
Saying is a sticker from Rusty Pickle
Brown Cardstock for matting
Jute Twine for under the horse w/matting & Rusty Pickle Sticker w/matting
Pop Dots for lifting
white Sakura Jelly Pen for white dots
Walnut Stain, Tim Holtz Distress Ink for edges

10 comments:

Regan said...

What a cute card and funny card. The fact that it's the back of the horse makes it even better! LOL

Regan

Tracy said...

Some advice well worth taking. LOL This is totally cute. Great job Dawn!

Deb with Dogs said...

Super cute! Hope you are the winner for going so far "outside the box" shall we say. :-)

Kristina said...

I just love this card Dawn, totally makes me smile!

Great job girl!

Caroline said...

that's so cute. great job!

Suzy said...

LOL! Laughter is the best medicine.

Unknown said...

Dawn, this is such a darling and funny card...great idea to use just a cute sentiment with a simple card... really added to it!
Great job!

Liz said...

Love this card, certainly very original!

Anonymous said...

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a
co-worker who had beeen conducting a little research on this.
And he actually ordered me lunch simply
because I found it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this....
Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx foor spending some time to talk about this subject here on your internet site.


Here is my page :: lawn roller

Anonymous said...

Appreciating the persistece yyou put into your site and detailed information you present.

It's great tto come across a blog every once in a
while that isn't tthe same out of date rehashed information. Fantzstic read!
I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding yourr RSS feeds
tto my Google account.

Check out my weblog :: stress rash