Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!

I've been waiting around on posting anything; and have gotten the chance to actually craft lately!!


I'm back on the Lila's Scrapbooking Design Team again; Elisa the coordinatoor called and invited me back to the team for a 2nd term about a month ago. You can see my most recent project over at the Lila's Scrapbooking Blog. I got to work with the TaDa Sizzlin' Summer line. I'll get a post on that soon too!




Today, I've got a Father's Day card for my pops. He is a great man, and being the man who literally; has everything- I can't ever find a gift that suits him or he doesn't have. He just bought a new house out in the sticks here in Washington and has about 5 acres on a creek with lots of work to do around the whole place. He could use a nice place to relax, and I was thinking a hammock this year, but Super Sleuth Zoe asked him for me; actually it went more like this:


'Papa, You like Hammocks just fine?' and he told her that he didn't like them so much. meh.


So, if we take what he told the three year old; it isn't worth the $100 for this sweet hammock at LL Bean! No Hammock for you, Papa Don. :-(

Instead, we (Z and I) spent the evening making cards for Adam and my Dad for Father's Day. My dad is thinking a BBq for Father's Day is in order so I'll have to hand over something... even if it's only a card. I LOVE how the card for my dad turned out!



Most of the paper is all from various Scraproom Stash... but I did grab a piece of Tim Holtz Distress Core'dinations Paper in Frayed Burlap today at Joanne's for a more manly card base.


The tiny airplane is from New Arrival, and the plane paper is Cosmo Cricket. I have no idea where the red polka dot paper is from! But, the letters are from Scenic Route Paper Co. Of course, I also used my white pen for some detailing on the plane.



I'm thinking I'll get the card Zoe designed (and I just pieced together) for Adam up tomorrow. You'll be very proud of what the three year old did! I sure am!



Have a good evening!

No comments: