Friday, May 5, 2017

Cinco De Mayo

I was poking around the internet, looking at recipes for Cinco De Mayo. I think we're going to go with tacos, margaritas and chips and dip. Easy peasy. 

One of my favorite things is history. In case you didn't know; you should know that I attempted college to become a history teacher, and after doing terrible the very first quarter I realized regular college just wasn't for me. So here I am, running an office and selling clothes! I think it worked out in my favor! 




Did you know that Cinco De Mayo is a holiday that is celebrating the Mexican Army's victory over the French at the Battle of the Puebla. This was during the Franco-Mexican War in 1861-1867. It is actually a really minor holiday in Mexico, but has turned into sort of a celebration of Mexican heritage/culture in the US.  

What are you going to do to celebrate Cinco De Mayo in your house? 

No comments: