Wednesday, May 31, 2017

some personal truths about LuLaRoe

So you've heard of LuLaRoe.



Maybe through friends, maybe surfing online you stumbled upon an article about how quick this online clothing company is growing.

Did you see a hashtag on Instagram? Something about #beacauseoflularoe or #lularoe?

I would bet you know someone who sells the products. It's possible you have a girlfriend who sells it. If you haven't jumped on the LuLaBus yet, maybe you're still trying to figure out exactly why everyone is hooked on the stuff?




I'm as thrifty is the next mom and I can tell you that in January 2016 when I first stumbled upon LuLaRoe through a friend doing a party online, I wasn't willing to buy anything except for the leggings. I bought a pair of leggings and did a porch pickup of them from a local gal, who I ended up chatting with for almost an hour and it peeked my interests. Since then, I have found that these clothes are so much more than just another expensive clothing brand. There is literally a movement and a culture surrounding these clothes.





My husband saw a change in me. Instead of wearing Yoga pants and a hoodie everyday, I started wearing leggings with cute tunics, or even a skirt with a cute top. I own dresses, people. THAT is a big deal. I have friends who were introduced around the same time frame, and even though we aren't the same sizes, we share our clothes. We enjoy styling outfits and dressing up. Even if it is just to have a play date.


A lot of woman lose themselves when they become moms. Priorities 1-10 include keeping the children alive, a clean home, everyone fed, a happy husband and the list goes on and on. Priority 1000083247943209 is about self care. I literally got up everyday, did my hair or pulled it back and slipped into clothes that were cozy and not puked, poop or snot covered and called it a day. After LuLaRoe, I'm just as comfortable, but I FEEL cute too. Everyone loves a good compliment, even if it's as simple as 'cute pants'.



So, as of February 2017, My husband and I 'on boarded' as retailers for LuLaRoe clothing. My husband has always stood behind me in whatever I choose to do, and after seeing how happy these clothes really can make a person, I knew I needed to be a part of it. The main way that a retailer earns income from selling LuLaRoe is by selling the clothing. Like any other retail business, you buy it at wholesale and then you sell it retail. Pretty simple. Like all direct sales companies, there are of course other ways in the company to earn money. Growing a team of downline retailers to sign up under you, make it so you can earn bonuses and profit sharing from the company.




So back to that first pair of leggings; they are black and gray tie-dye looking leggings and they're labeled Tall/ Curvy. I have found that they are the most comfortable pants I've ever worn! They've held up amazingly and I still have them to the day, well over a year after I bought them. I've worn them for running, working out, yoga and generically just for 'momming'. After I got that first pair of leggings, I took a leap and got a T-shirt. I can honestly say from the minute I put that shirt on (it had a name! An Irma) I knew there was more to look at with these clothes than just leggings.




I've spent the last year and a half learning all about this company, the clothes and the culture that goes with.










Head over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/LuLaRoeGirlyandGuy/ to see what the fuss is all about!


No comments: